Sunday, May 6, 2012

Confessions of Bad Boy Lovin'

So, things have gotten a bit mad and bad over here, but I couldn't leave everybody hanging waiting for all that Dark Lovin'. So, here are some of my favorite dark heros.

A dark hero and his sword is always a glorious thing. So, Henry was a bit of a megalomaniac and a wife killer, but Jonathan Rhys Meyers made him oh-so-fabulous. An anti-hero for the ages. And don't you just love a dark hero and his sword?

Now, this fellow is of Warrior fame but Tom Hardy won my heart in his fabulously tortured, very real, very sympathetic portrayal of Heathcliffe. His gaze could hook your soul. Soooo amazing.

And then there is Damon, played by the incredibly talented Ian Somerhalder. His wickedness is just too good for words. Damon, you can bite me with your teeth or wit any time. Here's hoping that this master of the tortured dark hero will be picked up to do some dom/sub display for Fifty Shades of Grey. He's tortured enough, isn't in time he tortured someone for a little pleasure?

Do share. Who are your secret bad boys? The ones you know you shouldn't want, but do. Wait, did it just get a little warm in here? Yes. I think it did.

Come pay a call next week where we will be exploring these boys and others in depth, amazing as their surfaces are on their own.

7 comments:

  1. Maire, hello!

    I have to confess, I prefer my dark heroes elegantly refined... when they need to be. Probably why I'm such a fan of historical romance, and paranormals where folks LOOK like they should be in a historical romance. ;)

    Now that I think about it, my favorite heroes are all fairly dark. I'm currently drafting a story where a side character is taking my fancy--a demigod incarnation of the Devil Tarot card. Between him and The Magician, magick is taking on a whole new appeal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hyai Jennifer,

      I love me a sleek and witty hero as well. There's something about a hero who can out think everyone around him. You know he COULD become physical, but he never will, because he's too smart.

      Devil Tarot??? Oooooh. Sounds marvelous. I don't suppose there's a hint of the celt in this book? There really is something about reading and writing those angsty men. I've learned to leave them on the page, thank goodness. ;D

      Delete
  2. So sad I missed the voting. Heathcliff is by far the most glorious of tortured heroes!! "Haunt me. Drive me mad, only do not leave me in this dark abyss where I cannot find you." Le sigh.... Nowadays sentiment like that could get a restraining order, but from him? It's just pure goodness. Thanks for the juicy start to my rainy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes Tracy,

      I adore Heathcliff. Even though, yes he's nuts. Even in the book he's demonic. And that kinda behavior would end up in a domestic violence visit by the cops. Still, perhaps Heathcliff needs a column of his own?

      That quote is just fabulous.

      Maire

      Delete
  3. Oh yes--cheers for 'mad, bad and dangerous to know!

    I love Sebastian Ballister of Loretta Chase's Lord of Scoundrels. As far as movies go, I want Mina to choose Dracula--especially Gary Oldman's Dracula (I have crossed oceans of time for you...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Sebastian as well. :D And Dracula. Now that's an incredible choice. He's a bit, ya know deranged, but a thousand years of waiting for your long lost love will do that to you. I love Dracula and being Irish, I am very pleased that it was written by an Irishman.

      Than you for playing a call!

      Cheers,
      Maire

      Delete
  4. Oh yes. Damon Salvatore. I'm glad he made the short list.

    ReplyDelete